Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EPGL Season 2 Take 2

Go down 
+7
hunGry_tiGa
EPGL|KeiFo
EPGL|mijp
AnatoLiy
EPGL|F10EX
core64.ZoZ
EPGL|Rift
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EPGL|Rift
Head admin

EPGL Season 2 Take 2 Empty
PostSubject: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 16:38

Okay! Well I found the help that I needed and now we're running a take 2 on EPGL Season 2.

Here's what's going to happen (and yes, I'm aware this is going to suck)

WE ARE GOING TO RESTART QUALIFIERS. FROM SCRATCH.
We will be using a bracket system of 32 teams (maximum), where the first round is single elimination and every following round is double elimination.

12 teams will be accepted into EPGL S2.

The 4 previously autoqualified teams (Russia iAct, Russia sYs, USA MsY and Europe sfto) will get the top 4 seeds. So really, unless we screw the seedings up *badly*, these 4 teams should be able to requalify.

All teams that applied to the previous S2 qualifier WILL NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY. But it WILL be necessary to create an updated team profile (Format found here: https://epicgl.forumotion.com/team-profiles-f6/team-profile-format-t277.htm ) in the "Team Profiles" forum. This will be sufficient to indicate interest.

Teams that previously were not in EPGL S2 qualifiers will have a chance to apply. The application format can be found at: https://epicgl.forumotion.com/applications-f9/application-format-t3.htm and all applications must be sent to the league email, which is epicleague@live.co.uk

I know this seems unfair to some teams, but I strongly believe that it is the best option.

The aim right now is to have the first qualifier games started by Friday the 20th of June, so updated team profiles/applications will be accepted up until the 14th of June, seedings will be posted on the 17th of June. These days are not a certainty, but they are our aim.

Currently, staff is thin and if you are willing to help us undergo these changes, please post in the thread "Post Here To Help Save EPGL", or feel free to send me a pm/email informing us of your interest in becoming an EPGL admin.

We are unable to guarantuee there will be an admin at every match, but we will be working to create stringent rules for situations like these to arise (to try and phase out some of the previous problems we have had): Hence, apply to help!!!

DON'T FORGET TO SEND UPDATED PROFILES/APPLICATIONS

- Rift.

Last edited by Rift on Tue Jun 09 2009, 02:54; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
core64.ZoZ

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 17:21

gj dude, lets hit the dance floor! gl to all teams.
The link to the Team Profile format is however not working.
Back to top Go down
EPGL|F10EX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 17:56

@ all - the link to team profile is this - https://epicgl.forumotion.com/team-profiles-f6/team-profile-format-t277.htm same as the stated before but without the '')'' in the end
Back to top Go down
AnatoLiy

AnatoLiy

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 18:20

Wow... from scratch.... why? You guys already have the first two weeks done, only one more week to go. This is a great injustice to those teams that were performing the best in their groups. Like we were.
Back to top Go down
EPGL|mijp
Head admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 18:35

Good luck and have fun with epgl.

Gogo guys.
Back to top Go down
AnatoLiy

AnatoLiy

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 18:36

why do more work by starting over than continuing from where we left off?
Back to top Go down
EPGL|KeiFo

EPGL|KeiFo

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 19:10

nice hope it works out well
Back to top Go down
hunGry_tiGa

hunGry_tiGa

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 20:25

yea i kinda agree...why would you create more work for your thin staff? the qualies are almost over sooo all you'd need to do is just tell the teams to play their last person and voila! qualies done.
Back to top Go down
Grim-

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 20:37

i think its a good thing
Back to top Go down
ArminvB

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 22:56

I think it is to hard to see and control what happened, if you are not on top of it from the start. Some teams where also behind on schedule etc.

If you were reaching the good results you should be able to do so again, it can only be a motivator to show if you are a one time fly or a true survivor!

I think we should just be thankfull for the league continuing and not bitch about the little things now. It is a new team with new ideas on how to handle it.

Good luck to all, we'll certainly be entertained with clan wars!
Back to top Go down
core64.ZoZ

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyMon Jun 08 2009, 22:58

Agreed with sir ArminvB.
Back to top Go down
EPGL|Rift
Head admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 02:05

ArminvB wrote:
I think it is to hard to see and control what happened, if you are not on top of it from the start. Some teams where also behind on schedule etc.

If you were reaching the good results you should be able to do so again, it can only be a motivator to show if you are a one time fly or a true survivor!

I think we should just be thankfull for the league continuing and not bitch about the little things now. It is a new team with new ideas on how to handle it.

Good luck to all, we'll certainly be entertained with clan wars!

Well that sums up my answer.
Thanks for that ArminvB

Plus, as thin as my staff is, I'd ratehr do this than chase up MIA teams and such.
Back to top Go down
AnatoLiy

AnatoLiy

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 02:29

Well with 9 groups of 4 teams each, yea that's a lot of teams to keep up with. How many teams are MIA?

All I'm saying is there is only 1 more week to go and if a lot of teams are incapable of keeping up take the top teams from each group as originally planned? Teams currently ranking #1 in their group I feel as if earned their spot into the league and re-doing qualifiers is a huge waste of time for those that spent the time for it.
Back to top Go down
KaRaKuRi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 03:44

I can help admin a few matches on the weekend if I'm not helping out with PTGL. Smile
Back to top Go down
EPGL|RapDawg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 03:59

AnatoLiy wrote:
Well with 9 groups of 4 teams each, yea that's a lot of teams to keep up with. How many teams are MIA?

All I'm saying is there is only 1 more week to go and if a lot of teams are incapable of keeping up take the top teams from each group as originally planned? Teams currently ranking #1 in their group I feel as if earned their spot into the league and re-doing qualifiers is a huge waste of time for those that spent the time for it.

Quite a few teams are MIA, and quite a few teams that are currently ranking #1 got so by receiving ff wins. We want everyone to have a fair chance and to let the best teams into the qualifiers. During the season there was also a problem with the admins being away, so there were scheduling problems, disagreement on rules, etc. We just want to restart this season so that it can go smoothly without any problems.
Back to top Go down
EPGL|Rift
Head admin

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 EmptyTue Jun 09 2009, 06:20

Thank you SoCal.RapDawg for that explanation
Karakuri you're welcome to help out whenever you're available; any help is better than none at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPGL Season 2 Take 2   EPGL Season 2 Take 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EPGL Season 2 Take 2
Page 1 of 1